It’s the top question I get from readers. I get it constantly and everyone urgently needs to know the same thing. How do I increase etsy traffic, once and for all?
Related Post: The Etsy Shop Critique Challenge
Try This System To Increase Etsy Traffic
Before I reveal the system used by 90% of all marketers and big time bloggers, there’s something you need to know.
It’s pretty important, so for all you skimmers out there, take a breath and get through these next two paragraphs with me.
This system will help you fill in the gaps in your business once and for all. It will ensure that, even during a slow month, you have an amazing degree of control over your income.
BUT IT WILL NOT WORK if your content isn’t amazing. Or if your images are only OK. Or if you don’t have any way to keep people coming back for more.
So before you even think about how to increase Etsy traffic, you MUST have these things in place:
<< Because lots of traffic won’t do you any good if no one ever comes back. >>
- An email list. This is non-negotiable. For Etsy, I use MailerLite* and for my blog I use ConvertKit*. You don’t need to write any emails right now, but you DO need to start collecting emails the second you get more traffic.
- Clean up your products. Are you ready for a boost in traffic? Does every product description stand out and make a statement about your item?
- Are your images top notch? (Images shouldn’t be blurry, stretched, or unclear. Each and every image you have needs to be drool-worthy). If not, now’s the time to fix it. Make sure you are proud of every morsel you’re about to share with the world.
- If you’re stumped try this: if the New York Times featured one of your items tomorrow, would you feel proud? Or be embarrassed because it’s not your best work? Look through your products and weed out the stragglers.
- Perfect Tags. Is Etsy SEO a mystery to you? Are you just picking your tags based on whatever popped into your head that day? If so, you’re doing it wrong. Get it fixed ASAP by checking out Etsy SEO Bootcamp.
(Link has a * next to it? That’s an affiliate or referral link, you can claim a free trial of this item if you click the link. Full disclosure: I get a small commission, but only if you decide to spend money on this item. Wanna know more? Click here to open my Affiliate Policy in a new tab).
Alright, here it comes. The big secret to more traffic. The one thing you can do over and over to keep your income consistent.
Are you ready?
Really? Did you feel disappointment when you read that? I bet you’re like ‘But I already use Pinterest and it doesn’t do JACK SHIT!’
People say this to me all the time, and my first question is always:
How often do you use it?
There are some pinterest success benchmarks you need to hit before it’s going to send constant traffic your direction.
Here’s a breakdown of the basics:
- Get yourself a Pinterest Business Account. (You can convert your existing personal account if you want).
- Register your account for Rich Pins. This will legitamize your pins, and make them show up more often in search.
- Pinterest likes your account more (and will show your stuff to other users more often) if you pin stuff that isn’t JUST yours.
- Join group boards to get mass exposure for your pins. Search here to find group boards. Start by searching for “Etsy”. Try and join at least 5.
- The object of the game is to get REPINS. To do this, you need to post CONSTANTLY. I use Tailwind* to post several times everyday, throughout the day (NOT LYING. You really do need to post this much for traffic. Automate it with a tool like Tailwind* that finds relevant pins for you. Don’t forget to post your own stuff over and over). I post pins that are from my blog, Etsy shop, and from other people’s blogs. I try to pick things I think my followers would like.
You’re getting HUNDREDS of hits per day from Pinterest to your Etsy account, and the people who click through are EXCITED about your product. They’re ready to buy. Some studies are beginning to show that people are willing to pay MORE for items found on Pinterest than any other social network…So you’re sitting pretty.
How do you make it happen? It’s time to start building your Pinterest audience NOW. Even if you have zero products on Etsy. Because Pinterest takes time, you need to start now. BUT because your pins live forever, you can really get boatloads of traffic once your account is established!
If you think this won’t work for you because you don’t have many followers, you’re WRONG.
I only had 400 Pinterest followers when my account started driving 100+ people per day both to my Etsy shop and my blog.
100 may not seem like a lot, but that many people means you’ll make 1-3 sales per day via Pinterest. (*if your shop is converting sales properly. If it’s not, see what you need to fix by joining my Facebook group and getting a free shop critique).
Let me just reiterate that because what I just said is STUPID awesome: That’s 1-3 sales per day from Pinterest ALONE.
If you’re ready to be super serious about Pinterest (and you LOVE instant gratification), I’d recommend you check out Pinfitine Growth* by one of my favorite bloggers, Melyssa Griffin.
I took the Pinfitine Growth course* about 14 days ago, and while my Pinterest was doing So-So before, ever since I took the course my traffic has QUADRUPLED. I still can’t believe how many re-pins and follows my account is getting…I had to silence my phone because the Pinterest app was going off every 5 seconds!
Give it a shot and get ready to watch your traffic skyrocket!
Take the Etsy Makeover Challenge
It’s time to whip out your virtual makeup bag! Get 7 days worth of Etsy hacks, each with tips you can complete in 15 minutes a day. Follow the prompts each day, and you could be making sales next week!
Thanks for Reading!
Hi there, my name is Jenni. You’re reading about the Etsy shop that freed me from the worst job I’ve ever had (and a lifetime of working for somebody else).
Find out what went down here.
Hey guess what? The exact tricks that got me 6-figures sales are waiting for you in the Ultimate Guide to Etsy. This is a 40-page, step-by-step MEGA tutorial that will help you strategize your way to more sales.